Helicopter footage shows 10-time convicted felon in high-speed eastside pursuit

pic By: ThisIsButter1 (9585.00) Views: 2077 Score: 3 Used: 0 Bookmark: 0 Shares: 17 Downloads: 17

The man accused of ramming several police cars and leading police on a high-speed pursuit across the east side of King County is a 10-time convicted felon.

According to court documents, 32-year-old Brandon Wilburn is charged with multiple counts of assault and malicious mischief, as well as attempting to elude a police vehicle and possession of a stolen vehicle.

Prosecutors have requested $500,000 bail for Wilburn, citing prior felony convictions for stolen vehicle possession, unlawful possession of a firearm, robbery and multiple domestic violence assaults.

"Since 2010, the defendant has had over 25 bench warrants issued for failing to appear at a hearing or complying with a court order," wrote Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Ryan D Turner in the filing Monday. "Additionally, the defendant has several prior convictions for violating a protection order or no contact order. The defendant has demonstrated that he will not obey court orders in appearing in response to a summons."

The chase began around 3:30 p.m. at the Factoria Mall in Bellevue when police saw a white GMC Yukon reported stolen out of Lakewood and tried to make contact, according to preliminary information from the Bellevue Police Department. The suspect fled, hitting two police vehicles as they drove off, said police.

They said one officer suffered minor injuries when the suspect hit the police cars.

Police chased the suspect onto eastbound Interstate 90 through Bellevue, Issaquah and into Snoqualmie. Speeds exceeded 100 miles per hour at times.

The suspect drove over spike strips, according to police, and crashed in the trees along Snoqualmie Parkway, where he abandoned the stolen GMC Yukon.

Snoqualmie police said the suspect then went into the maintenance shop at the Club at Snoqualmie Ridge, a golf course, where he is accused of stealing a set of keys to a black Subaru Forester.

Police said he continued to try and escape police and eventually got back on I-90, where he later exited for a second time in North Bend. King County's Guardian One helicopter followed the suspect.

Snoqualmie police said he fled into the woods off NE Third Street and SE 120th Street in North Bend and crashed the Subaru. After he tried to run away toward the Snoqualmie River, the man was taken into custody by a King County Sheriff K-9 unit.

At some point during the chase, police said the suspect briefly drove the wrong way on I-90 in the eastbound lanes.

s7br8h Copy
ThisIsButter1 (9585.00)

Comments: 5 - Login to add and view comments

Be the first one to fix this item!