Bodycam shows Bucyrus shootout between Jacob Davidson and police during traffic stop
Bucyrus Police Department Captain Tom Walker released dash and body cam video from the November 11th shootout between Bucyrus Police and a Centerburg man.
Officer Devin Wireman (K9 Handler) and Lt. Curt Bursby (2nd-shift supervisor) were directly involved in the shooting. In a news release issued earlier, Captain Walker identified specific points of significance, including:
-The lead vehicle is Officer Wireman, and the second is Lt. Bursby.
– The suspect fired two (2) rounds with a rifle before an officer returned fire
– Officer Wireman is the only officer that shot at the suspect.
– No local officers or civilians were injured.
– No property damage to local residences.
– The suspect was not injured.
– The suspect is also considered a person of interest in the Morrow-County shootings.
Jacob Dan Davidson, 38, of Centerburg, has been indicted by the Crawford County Grand Jury on charges that include: felonious assault, a felony of the first-degree punishable with up to 11 years in prison, disrupting public services, and improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle, both fourth-degree felonies and each punishable with up to 18 months in prison and discharging a firearm on or near a prohibited premises, a third-degree felony punishable with up to 36 months in prison.
Davidson remains in custody at the Crawford County Jail.