Sticky situation! Reptile expert frees baby snake caught in glue trap
A reptile expert was called to a shop in western India earlier this month after a baby snake became caught in a glue trap.
Staff at the furniture store in Pune placed the traps hoping to catch rodents but were surprised on September 10 to find they'd snared a juvenile rat snake.
They called in Saidas Kusal who painstakingly applied coconut oil to the non-venomous reptile for around an hour to remove the glue that was covering its whole body.
Kusal later released the snake in a nearby forest.
“This snake had come to feed on a rat that was partially trapped. The prey got away somehow and the predator got stuck," Kusal said.
"Glue traps are a cruel way to get rid of rodents and should not be used,” he warned.