Just some kind of bread
Italian bread is known for its variety and quality. Here are some of the most popular types of bread in Italy:
- Pane bianco: This is the most common type of bread in Italy. It is a simple white bread made with flour, water, yeast, and salt. It has a crusty exterior and a soft, chewy interior.
- Pane integrale: This is a whole wheat bread that is denser and heartier than pane bianco. It is made with whole wheat flour, water, yeast, and salt.
- Focaccia: This is a flatbread that is similar to pizza dough. It is topped with olive oil, salt, and sometimes herbs or vegetables. It can be eaten as a snack or as a meal.
- Ciabatta: This is a long, flat bread with a soft, chewy interior and a crispy crust. It is made with flour, water, yeast, and salt.
- Grissini: These are thin, crispy breadsticks that are often served as an appetizer or snack. They are made with flour, water, yeast.