Baby has a lucky escape and is rescued from a burning car by firefighters in Russia
A two-year-old baby almost died in a car that caught on fire in the city of Pechora, Russia, on Wednesday 10 November.
Seeing smoke coming from the car in a snow-covered parking lot, passers-by called firefighters.
The rescue team arrived at the site in three minutes.
The owner immediately ran to the car, opened the door and carried the child out of the car.
He later said that his little passenger had fallen asleep and rather than wake him up, he left the child in the car and went to get a snack, leaving the car running to keep the child warm.
According to preliminary investigations, the fire occurred due to a short circuit in the FM transmitter inserted into the cigarette lighter socket.
The kid is in the children's intensive care unit with burns of the upper respiratory tract. Doctors say his condition is serious but stable.